Jermyn Street: The home of British shirting

In 1664 Henry Jermyn, Earl of St. Albans and former Ambassador to Paris and The Hague obtained a grant of Crown land from Charles II to develop a residential neighbourhood in the area known as St James's Field. Henry Jermyn, c. 1604-January 1684 St. James's Square was the first development undertaken by Henry Jermyn.  Near …